Our Lady of Tepeyac High School College Readiness Program was originally designed in 2008 to educate and prepare students and their families for college. The primary aim of the College Readiness Program is to ensure students and their families understand the vocabulary and requirements of the college and scholarship application processes and to aid in selecting an educational environment that is best for them. By giving each student individual attention, we expose each young woman to opportunities that exist for her both academically and financially and support her as she as selects a college and completes the process.
Key Components & Achievements of the College Readiness Program :
- For the past eleven years we have achieved a 100% college entrance rate.
- Freshwomen and Seniors take a one-semester course with the College Readiness Director focused on college preparedness at these critical stages in their academic career.
- Each student from grades 9-12 has a one-on-one meeting with the College Readiness Director annually to ensure she is aware of opportunities available, seeking help when needed, and understands how her high school performance affects her college opportunities.
- By the end of their four years at Tepeyac, each young woman will have developed a portfolio using Naviance that will aid them as they apply to colleges and universities around the country.
- Tepeyac hosts annual college, career, and summer opportunities fairs to expose our students to important information and experiences that will help shape their college and career plans
- In addition to our current students, Tepeyac offers extensive support to our alumnae providing assistance with navigating the college environment as many of our students are first generation to attend college
- Our proud graduates have earned special recognition and scholarships for their hard work in high school including the Golden Apple Scholarship, Illinois Promise Scholarship, Smithsonian Young Ambassadors Scholarship, Posse Scholarship, STAR Scholarship, Marquette Bank Scholarship, and Presidential Scholarships.